Current:Home > ScamsTrendPulse|Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -Wealth Empowerment Zone
TrendPulse|Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
NovaQuant View
Date:2025-04-07 03:59:38
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,TrendPulse which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (225)
Related
- Former Milwaukee hotel workers charged with murder after video shows them holding down Black man
- Poccoin: Silicon Valley Bank's Collapse Benefits Cryptocurrency and Precious Metals Markets
- Video shows drunk driver calling cops on himself while driving wrong way on highway
- Oregon man who was sentenced to death is free 2 years after murder conviction was reversed
- Paula Abdul settles lawsuit with former 'So You Think You Can Dance' co
- 'My tractor is calling me': Jennifer Garner's favorite place is her Oklahoma farm
- Trump was warned FBI could raid Mar-a-Lago, according to attorney's voice memos
- How much are NFL tickets in 2023? See what teams have the cheapest, most expensive prices
- Police remove gator from pool in North Carolina town: Watch video of 'arrest'
- AP PHOTOS: 50 years ago, Chile’s army ousted a president and everything changed
Ranking
- DoorDash steps up driver ID checks after traffic safety complaints
- Extreme heat makes air quality worse–that's bad for health
- Winners and losers of 'Hard Knocks' with the Jets: Aaron Rodgers, Robert Saleh stand out
- 'Alarming' allegations: 3 Albuquerque firefighters arrested in woman's alleged gang rape
- From bitter rivals to Olympic teammates, how Lebron and Steph Curry became friends
- Alabama Barker Reveals Sweet Message From “Best Dad” Travis Barker After Family Emergency
- Judge rules Trump in 2019 defamed writer who has already won a sex abuse and libel suit against him
- Influencer Ruby Franke Officially Charged With 6 Counts of Felony Child Abuse
Recommendation
Federal appeals court upholds $14.25 million fine against Exxon for pollution in Texas
Burning Man is ending, but the cleanup from heavy flooding is far from over
Honorary Oscars event celebrating Angela Bassett, Mel Brooks pushed back amid Hollywood strikes
She's from Ukraine. He was a refugee. They became dedicated to helping people flee war – and saved 11
A Mississippi company is sentenced for mislabeling cheap seafood as premium local fish
'Eight-legged roommate'? It's spider season. Here's why you're seeing more around the house
When Big Oil Gets In The Carbon Removal Game, Who Wins?
3 dead at Minnesota's Breezy Point Resort; police investigate deaths